What is Zorbing? Is this activity safe? Is Zorbing a sport? What is unique about Zorbing? If you are also rolling down through these questions, you are at the right place. Zorbing is a sporting, recreational activity which involves rolling down the hill, enjoying the sports on land, and walking on water.
This activity is performed in large air cushion balls called zorb ball . First, however, here is a brief guide on these balls and all the essential components of Zorbing that a person must be aware of.
Zorbing balls- Key aspects to know
Zorbing balls are plastic cushioning balls that protect a person from hitting the ground while rolling down. Moreover, there are certain things a person must know about Zorbing balls-
- These balls, also called orbs, have a volume of 15m and can withstand weight up to 80 to 90 kilograms.
- The balls have air cushioning effects between inner and outer walls, which provide elasticity to the balls.
- The spheres within the walls are connected with 500 strings
- The zorb ball has no emergency exit and only one entrance.
- The maximum time a person can stay in zorb balls is 15 minutes, after which the oxygen levels start to decrease.
- A person can easily find Zorbing balls in different shapes and sizes. You can get your orb ball from Kameymall, which offers excellent deals and significant discounts.
Multiple types of orbs
Zorbing is possible by two types of orbs-
- Harnessed: This orb typically has a smaller capacity, and only one or two riders can enjoy Zorbing simultaneously.
- Non-harnessed: This orb has a larger capacity and can accommodate 4-5 riders simultaneously.
Besides this, Zorbing can be either wet or dry.
- In wet Zorbing, the ball’s inner part is filled with 50 liters of water.
- In contrast, there is no water use in dry Zorbing, and the rider’s hands and legs are in the starfish position.
Who can perform Zorbing, and what are the rules to follow?
Well, Zorbing doesn’t have age limits. A person can enjoy this activity without any restrictions. Although there is no age limitation, there are some things that a person should be aware of.
- A child who is performing aqua Zorbing should be at least six years old
- A participant below 4 ft 5″ cannot participate in the Zorbing activity
- It is essential to have a supervisor by your side.
- A person should not wear clothes that have a zipper
- The weight of a person should be not more than 180 kilograms
- All the jewelry should be removed
- The pockets of the riders should be empty
- A person should not run into the Zorb balls
Places where Zorbing activity takes place
Zorb balls can be used in various ways. Through these balls, a person can perform different activities such as-
· Snow rolling
In this activity, the riders roll down from a snow-covered hill inside a zorb ball. Usually, snow rolling takes place uphill or the ski resorts where there is a lot of snow.
· Water walking
With the Zorbing ball, the person can experience a lovely experience of walking on water by entering inside the orb. The balls can be a single or double layer. Zorbing on the water has a different experience than on land, but it is pretty safe and secure. The water Zorbing balls have a waterproof zipper through which you can enjoy water walking.
· Flat surface walking
You will also find several Zorb balls that also have space for the legs. That means the rider gets complete control of their moves.
· Downhill Zorbing
It is the most common activity in which the person rolls down the hills inside a zorb ball. It is pretty exciting and thrilling.
What is the significant difference between Zorb balls and Hamster balls?
Although both the Zorb and Hamster balls still look pretty identical, there is some difference in both.
- Hamster balls are made with hard plastic. In contrast, the zorb balls are made with malleable plastic, which is quite flexible.
- The hamster ball’s nature makes it a bit unsafe for using it in fun activities. Conversely, the flexibility of Zorb balls makes this orb a great choice. Moreover, it is safer and more enjoyable than a hamster ball.
Is Zorbing activity safe to try?
Safety is the primary factor that disturbs riders while performing Zorbing. No doubt, in this activity, the person is rolling down the hills which might sound frightening when someone hears it for the first time.
Although this activity uses Zorb balls, which makes it relatively safe, there are chances of accidents. The design of Zorb is made in such a way that a person doesn’t encounter injuries. Zorb combines hundreds of flexible plastic layers, which makes it relatively safe.